Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trash Picking 101

I passed this 300 gallon trash can on the way to Piano with my daughter on our bikes, picked up one small item, and rode on.  Then when we realized we forgot the key to lock up our bikes we rode back by the container and a man was pulling bags from the can and it was full of great stuff.  STUFF I WANTED.  Anyone who trash picks knows, grab it when you see it, or it WILL be gone.  Earlier in the week I passed the same can (it's behind a house 2 doors down from me and they were moving out) and pulled out a georgeous silk oriental rug!  Not only was it really pretty but clean!  I also pulled out some other stuff and took to the local settlement house the Clintonville Resources Center. 

Barter/haggling - I learned this in Madrid Spain!
As you may or not know I barter for Sid's piano lessons.  The teacher is lovely!  Sid really likes taking lessons and I clean during the lessons.  I believe she is also happy and that is extra nice.

I barter in a way for decreased tuition for the kids school and I am now wondering what else can I do?  I would love to teach and coach people on how to commute to work on your bike... If you know of anyone interested give them my name, phone number and/or email.

more later.  please post comments... click on a few links i'd like to get a few cents :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoy your notes. Bartering for services is a win-win. We collected 2 Good 2 Trash stuff today and received lots of great stuff for TheWishProject.com People are very generous with their stuff and give even more when it's easy!

Today's Quote:

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. -- New England proverb