Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moving Days ~ Crazy Campus Waste

  1. Made in Italy sewing scissors - Man they are the BOMB!
  2. canned food - Campbells hearty soups that I never spend the extra money for!
  3. Ziploc bags
  4. colander (2 - one plastic, one stainless steel)
  5. rolling pin (2 - one traditional, one for sushi)
  6. Tupperware (yeah, even had the lid with it)
  7. Jute rug (8x10 and H..E..A..V..Y.. now that was a site to see me carry on my bike)
  8. Lamp
  9. Hanging Light fixture
  10. motion sensor outdoor lighting fixture
  11. Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector (in box, brand new)
  12. Dryer Vent Kit, Brand new in sealed bag
  13. Tommy Girl Perfume
  14. Basket (cute round one)
  15. Sewing Machine... took out of dumpster and placed beside it... I just knew someone would pick up and sure enough they did!
  16. XE102-Netgear.com
  17. Nice Big Box to ship my sold ebay item
Okay, so I went down the street cuz I saw some stuff left over from yesterday's move... I saw lots of people stopping to go through and I was happy to see that.  So I get there and start cleaning up putting trash into the trash can's as I sort what I am going to take, give away, etc.  A diesel pick up truck stops right by me and I see a woman in the front seat.  I gather up my loot (yeah, I even found 12 cents) and take it home.  I return and there she is waiting (car running all this time) for some young men to bring items to the truck.  She smiles at me and I do the same.  A few minutes later I say "They didn't want to move canned food?"  She laugh's and say's "no, I guess not".  Then the boys come out and I ask "Are you going to return that Keg?"  And they say "Yeah".  She then turns to me and says "They will get money for that".  I then say, "well, they paid money for the canned food".  She smiled as I walked away with the canned food.  Is there a huge disconnect here or is it my imagination?

Sold 2 of the 3 books found in the trash earlier in the week already on half.com

Saw this beautiful corner sectional couch on the corner this morning on our way to piano.  6 pieces, in great shape.  On our return ride I saw two young men loading up their truck.  I said "I am so glad you are getting that, it's in great shape" they had big smiles on their faces and said "Yeah I know".  They made multiple trips because all 6 sections were gone within an hour.  I am happy it didn't get trashed, rained on, or even burned, or worse go to the landfill.

Rode 25 miles  - kids and I rode to school this week a few times.

Today's Quote:

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. -- New England proverb